Boasting an abstract design in a neutral palette, this handwoven sisal and sweetgrass bowl can compliment any interior style. For storage and show, this basket pairs nicely in woven wall statements, mixed art piece galleries or on tables, counters or shelves. Quiet in tone this piece's beauty is exemplified in its calm character and easy-going nature.
- Approximately 2" tall x 6" diameter
- All natural sisal and sweetgrass; organic dyes
- Handmade in Rwanda
- Fair trade, Nest Seal Certified
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Each piece is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, sisal is wound stitch by stitch around a small sweet grass bundle. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.