This raffia vase is ideal for adding a modern yet natural touch to any room in your home. Designed by Laura Hodges and handwoven by women artisans rural Uganda, this vessel can elevate any storage need, or hold your favorite plant. The possibilities are endless for this multipurpose piece!
- Approximately 7" tall x 12" diameter
- All natural fibers of raffia and sweet grass; organic dyes
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Made in Uganda
- Each piece is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
This is special because...
Basket weaving is a time-honored handicraft throughout Africa, often passed from mother to child, in which every regional culture has a unique style and utilizes the different natural resources at their disposal. This piece is made in an ethical, fair trade work environment by craftswomen in remote villages of Rwanda, Uganda and Ghana, who receive living wages that reflect their incredible skills, allowing them to sustain themselves, their families and their rich artisan heritage.