Imaginative, colorful, and sentimental, this sisal holiday ornament makes decorating fun! Bring the world, and the many incredible craft traditions of people around the globe, to your holiday celebration this season.
- Approximately 3" long x 1.5" wide
- All natural sisal and sweet grass fibers; organic dyes
- Handmade in Rwanda
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Each piece is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
This is special because.
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, the artisans weave together natural grasses and fibers native to their geographic area to achieve these delicately textured, incredible pieces of art. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.