A set of gorgeously woven lightweight rounds in heathered patterns to use as placemats or trivets. Subtle pastel tones pair with anything and everything already in your home, providing a grounded serving of tactile beauty. Lay them down as chargers, under table settings and hot-from-the-oven dishes, or place on shelves to elevate smaller treasures.
- Set off four
- Approximately 13” diameter
- All natural fibers of raffia and sweet grass; organic dyes
- Handwoven in Uganda
- Heat resistant and safe for food
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Tag features Artisan's profile
- Each piece is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, the artisans weave together natural grasses and fibers native to their geographic area to achieve these delicately textured, incredible pieces of art. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.