Traditional giving and sharing basket designed to support eco-positive gifting this season. Finely crafted baskets serve as stand-alone gifts or eco-positive vessels to give with little treasures and treats.
Cheerful and generous, these beautiful baskets offer a sustainable alternative to traditional gift wrapping of smaller gifts, and will be enjoyed throughout the year.
- Approximately 5.5" tall x 5.5” diameter
- All natural sisal and sweet grass fibers; Metallic thread; Organic dyes
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Tag features Artisan's profile
- Each basket is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
- Handwoven in Rwanda
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, the artisans weave together natural grasses and fibers native to their geographic area to achieve these delicately textured, incredible pieces of art. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.