This tall basket is perfect for just about anything! It can be used as a laundry hamper, toy storage, home organization or as a beautiful focal point in your home office or living room. Though the striped motif and color story are universally modern, the exquisite craftwork speaks to a deep desire to conserve the rich culture of Ugandan basket weaving.
- Approximately 34" tall x 14" diameter
- All natural raffia and banana fibers; organic dyes
- Handmade in Uganda
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Tag features Artisan's profile
- Each piece is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size
- This is a discounted floor sample. It is in excellent overall condition, but is missing the pictured lid.
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, the artisans weave together natural grasses and fibers native to their geographic area to achieve these delicately textured, incredible pieces of art. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.