Classic and timeless - these versatile woven raffia baskets are the perfect size. The small catch-all is at home in the foyer for keys and loose change, the powder room for toiletries or simply style the statement basket on a shelf or wall for a modern boho vibe. There's a hand-stitched loop on the back, so it's ready for admiration!
- Approximately 6” diameter x 2” deep
- All natural raffia and banana fibers; Organic dyes
- Handwoven in Uganda
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Tag features Artisan's profile
- Hand-stitched loop on the bag for wall display
- Each basket is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, the artisans weave together natural grasses and fibers native to their geographic area to achieve these delicately textured, incredible pieces of art. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.