A runner for the everyday table scape or a refreshing, bright accent under celebratory displays. Woven natural fibers and easy lines combine to bring warmth in earthen textures. Long and tactile, this is just the thing to highlight spreads of abundance. Leave this runner on all day to freshen the room, layer with other textiles for a more formal meal, or display atop the shelf to stage your things of beauty.
- Approximately 72" long x 18"
- All natural fibers of raffia and sweetgrass; organic dyes
- Handwoven in Uganda
- Heat resistant and safe for food
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Tag features Artisan's profile
- Each piece is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, the artisans weave together natural grasses and fibers native to their geographic area to achieve these delicately textured, incredible pieces of art. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.