Set your summer time table with this set of 2 placemats made from natural fibers featuring a little pop of fun watermelon colored stripes on the side. We love these easy care place settings indoors and out.
- Set of two
- Approximately 12" x 18"
- All natural fibers of raffia and sweetgrass; organic dyes
- Handwoven in Uganda
- Heat resistant and safe for food
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Tag features Artisan's profile
- Each piece is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, the artisans weave together natural grasses and fibers native to their geographic area to achieve these delicately textured, incredible pieces of art. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.