A bold trivet bright enough to protect your surfaces or hang as lush wall art. Vibrant hues and masterful weaving will bring tropical persona to both wall and tabletop. This piece brings an abundance of earthly beauty. As a hot pad on counter and tabletops, or joyfully staging other pieces on the shelf, this is a striking gift for any occasion.
- Approximately 10" diameter
- All natural sisal and sweet grass; Organic dyes
- Food safe and heat resistant
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Tag features Artisan's profile
- Each basket is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
- Handwoven in Rwanda
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, the artisans weave together natural grasses and fibers native to their geographic area to achieve these delicately textured, incredible pieces of art. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.