These hot pads are functional home decor! This trivet serves as a hot pad protector for any countertop or tabletop and is sure to be a conversation started with family and friends you are serving. You can’t go wrong with a trivet as a thoughtful gift for a host, friend or a new neighbor! The woven trivets are ready to hang on your wall as a simple yet breathtaking piece of wall art. Each trivet comes with a hand-stitched loop on the back so it is ready to hang.
- Approximately 10” diameter
- All natural fibers of sisal and sweetgrass; organic dyes
- Heat resistant
- Hand-stitched loop on the back for quick hanging
- Fair Trade, Certified Nest Seal of Transparency
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Each basket is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
- Handmade in Rwanda
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, the artisans weave together natural grasses and fibers native to their geographic area to achieve these delicately textured, incredible pieces of art. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.