The intricate weave and sturdy construction of this planter makes it perfect to pair with your indoor potted plants. Multi-purpose design and a verdant rooting in mother nature make this a piece that brings the lush color and mood of the outside, in. Watch your plants thrive inside this vessel, or store kitchen wares, rolled hand towels and items from nursery to office.
- Approximately 5" tall x 7” diameter
- Includes a protective plastic liner for use with plants
- All natural sisal and sweet grass; Organic dyes
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Tag features Artisan's profile
- Each basket is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
- Handwoven in Rwanda
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, the artisans weave together natural grasses and fibers native to their geographic area to achieve these delicately textured, incredible pieces of art. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.