Need a globally inspired reboot? This wall plates is just for you!
Designed by Laura Hodges, these beautiful wall plates are designed to enhance and magnify any room. Leave this large woven wall plate as a stand-alone piece, or pair with other plates and baskets to transform your space. Match to throw pillows in your living room or bed set in your bedroom. Each of these breathtaking pieces comes with a hand-stitched loop on the back so you can easily hang and enjoy on your wall.
- Approximately 18” diameter x 2.5” deep
- Hang loop on the back
- Made from all natural fibers of raffia and sweet grass
- Organic dyes are used to dye the raffia
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Profiled weaver tag is attached to each product
- Made by hand with love and vary slightly in color and size.
- Made in Uganda
This is special because...
Basket weaving is a time-honored handicraft throughout Africa, often passed from mother to child, in which every regional culture has a unique style and utilizes the different natural resources at their disposal. This piece is made in an ethical, fair trade work environment by craftswomen in remote villages of Rwanda, Uganda and Ghana, who receive living wages that reflect their incredible skills, allowing them to sustain themselves, their families and their rich artisan heritage.