Beautiful, multi-purpose decorative bowl for wall art and table top storage.
Soothing tones meet the intrigue of abstract design in this exquisite and versatile piece. Attractive yet humble, this piece is happy to share the attention in basket wall arrangements but special enough to stand alone.
- Approximately 10” diameter
- All natural fibers of Sisal and Sweetgrass; organic dyes
- Handwoven in Rwanda
- Hand-stitched loop on the back for hanging
- Fair Trade, Nest Seal of Transparency
- Tag features Artisan's profile
- Each piece is handmade with love and may vary slightly in color and size.
This is special because...
Our collection of African Basketry is all handmade by groups of women in small cooperatives across rural areas of Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana, in ethical, fair trade environments. Using techniques passed down for generations, the artisans weave together natural grasses and fibers native to their geographic area to achieve these delicately textured, incredible pieces of art. By applying their traditional skills to fashion-forward designs and color-ways for a broader international market, the women are able to sustain themselves, their families and their rich craft heritage.